Barcode Troubleshooting: I can pair my 1911i barcode scanner to my VM1 but scanned barcodes are not get transmitted to the VM1.
I’ve paired my Honeywell 1911i or 1981i Scanner to my VM1 Vehicle Mount computer, but when I scan a barcode, nothing gets transmitted to my VM1. What do I do?
Typically, this happens because the 1911i/1981i scanner and VM1 are using different COM ports. We will want them to be using the same port if they are going to be communicating with each other; the 1911i/1981i scanner typically uses COM17 to communicate so we want to make sure the VM1 is using COM17 as well.
The VM1 uses a software application called FreeFloat LinkOne as the data wedge for handling the scanned data. To check/configure the COM port for this application, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start > All Programs < FreeFloat Link One > Link One
- You may get an error message that says “Failed to open serial port COM14” – which is a good thing since it shows that it is using port COM14 rather than COM17.
- Tap the OK button
- There should now be a square icon in the system tray located in the lower right hand side of your screen (most likely it will be red indicating there is a problem). Double-Tap on this icon to bring up the Freefloat LinkOne panel
- Tap Settings
- Go to the Communications tab and change the Port to COM17. Tap the OK button to have the changes take effect.
- Tap the Hide button to minimize the Link One panel
You can now try scanning a barcode into Notepad