The ID card printer is used for many complex security solutions in wide range of industries. From managing access to physical locations, computer networks, or even handling cashless transactions on a college campus to introducing a uniquely branded loyalty card program to retail customers you’ll find today’s proximity cards, smart cards, and traditional cards a useful part of any security arsenal with capabilities that fully exceed the average identification badge. The DTC4500 is an excellent entry model as it enables the user to easily expand its features in the field as growth becomes necessary.
This printer has been discontinued and replaced with the Fargo DTC4500e ID Card Printers.
• Password protection
• SmartScreen graphical display
• Supply replacement – Easy spool loading
• USB or optional Ethernet connectivity
• 200 card dual-input hopper
• Optional Dual-side printing
• Optional Dual-side holographic image lamination
• Optional 125 kHz, 13.56 MHz, contact chip, and magnetic stripe encoding
• Optional same-side input/output hopper that holds 200 plastic cards
• Optional fluorescent printing for additional UV security
• The DTC4500 plastic card printer provides all the security of HID with all the reliability of FARGO® for sharp, professional looking, high quality, completely secure ID cards and photo ID badges – easy and quick.
Sided Printing: Single or Dual
Print Method: Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
Resolution: 300 dpi
Print Speed: 24 seconds per card / 150 cards per hour (YMCKO)
Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80, CR-79 Adhesive Back
ENERGY STAR Certified Product: Available on non-lamination configurations which provides organizations with a high-performance, energy-efficient photo ID printing solution that supports corporate green initiatives and helps reduce costs.
As part of its new ENERGY STAR rating, the default time for sleep mode has been lowered from two hours to five minutes, and printer design enhancements reduce the power consumption when in standby or sleep mode. Additionally, the ENERGY STAR FARGO DTC4500 is turned on and off using the power button versus plugging in the power cable.
Field-Upgradeable Printer Options:
• Single Wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for in-line printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS and contact smart card encoding)
• Ethernet with Internal Print Server – Standard Feature
• Dual-Input Card Hopper (200 cards) – Standard Feature
• Same-Side Input/Output Card Hopper – Upgradable
• Card Lamination Module: single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous) – Upgradable
• Smart Card Encoding (contact/contactless) – Upgradable
• Magnetic Stripe Encoding – Upgradable