One of the key features of the DTC4500e card printer is its module design which allow you to add functionality as your organization evolves. Standard features include high-capacity ribbon supplies and dual-input card hoppers that allow for maximum card input capacity and management of multiple card types. Additional features include optional dual-sided, printing module; single- or dual-sided holographic image lamination; magnetic stripe encoder’ contact and contactless smart card encoder; and Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity.
End-to-End Control, Flexibility and Security – The optional iCLASS SE encoder (part of the iCLASS SE open encoder platform) can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode (read/write) and manage your secure credentials from start-to-finish. Design personalized ID badges locally and then program them to work with your current physical access control system (PACS), streamlining your ordering, inventory management, and issuance processes.
Highly versatile – The modular design enables organizations to build on their investment by adding field-upgradeable modules for dual-sided printing, lamination and technology card encoding.
Maximum protection – Protect blank card stock and printed/encoded cards with optional locking card hoppers.
Earth friendly – ENERGY STAR certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly (ECO) refill ribbons.
Print Method: Dye sublimation / resin thermal transfer
Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
• Full-color with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 500 prints, more economical and eco-friendly refill ribbon for cartridge (ECO only) ?
• Full-color half-panel with resin black and overlay panel, YMCKO*, 850 prints, ECO only ?
• Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKOK*, 500 prints, ECO only ?
• Full-color with fluorescing, resin black and overlay panel, YMCFKO*, 500 prints, ECO only ?
• Full-color with fluorescing, two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCFKOK*, 400 prints, ECO only ?
• Full-color with two resin black panels and overlay panel, YMCKK*, 500 prints, ECO only ?
• Resin black and overlay panel, KO*, 1250 prints, ECO only ?
• Dye-sublimation black and overlay panel, BO*, 1250 prints, ECO only ?
• Resin black (standard and premium), 3000 prints, ECO only ?
• Resin green, blue, red, white, silver and gold, 2000 prints, ECO only ?
• Rewrite technology – no ribbon required
Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.375? L x 2.125? W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W); CR-79 Adhesive Back (3.313? L x 2.063? W / 84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)
Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36? L x 2.11? W / 85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W); CR-79 (3.3? L x 2.04? W / 83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness: Print only: .009? – .040? / 9 mil – 40 mil / .229 mm – 1.016 mm; print / lamination: .030? – .040? / 30 mil – 40 mil / .762 mm – 1.02 mm
Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite
Input Hopper Card Capacity: Dual-input card hopper (200 cards)
Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards (.030? / .762 mm)
Reject Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards (.030? / .762 mm) – same-side input/output card hopper or lamination module required
Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
Print Speed**: 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
Memory: 32 MB RAM
Software Drivers: Windows XP / Windows Vista (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (32 bit & 64 bit) / MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 / Linux***
Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server
Warranty: Printer – three years; Printhead – three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard
Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE Plus, MIFARE DESFire, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
Supported Access Control Credential Programming:
iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire EV1, HID Prox
• Single wire Ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS, MIFARE, and contact smart card encoding)
• Ethernet-enabled printer supports wireless accessory
• dual-sided printing module
• same-side input/output card hopper
• locking card input/output hopper
• smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless)
• magnetic stripe encoding module
• printer cleaning kit
• Ethernet with internal print server
• secure proprietary consumables system
Software: Swift ID embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
Display: User friendly, SmartScreen graphical display
Printer Security: Printer access password protected
• Single-sided printer: 9.8? H x 18.1? W x 9.2? D / 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D
• Dual-sided printer: 9.8? H x 18.7? W x 9.2? D / 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
• Printer + lam: 18.9? H x 18.7? W x 9.2? D / 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
• Single-sided printer: 9 lbs / 4.1 Kg;
• Dual-sided printer: 11 lbs / 5 Kg;
• Printer + lam: 20 lbs / 9.1 Kg
Agency Listings Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
Environmental Features: All configurations without a lamination module are ENERGY STAR qualified printers
Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max.
Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
Operating Temperature: 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
Humidity: 20–80% non-condensing