HID iCLASS Proximity Cards are one of the most widely used contactless read/write smarts cards in use for 13.56MHz-based access control systems. These cards are available in two types of material: 1) PVC or 2) Composite PVC/PET; both of which are thin enough to be carried in a wallet or purse, or used with a lanyard and pouch as a photo ID Card. In fact, these iCLASS proximity cards can be printed to directly from an ID Card or Badge Printer.
Some of the options for these cards include magnetic stripe, external card numbering (inkjet or laser engraved), vertical slot punch and custom art work. Additional, each of two card types is available with three different memory configurations: 2K bit (256 byte), 16K bit (2K Byte) and 32K bit (4K byte) as multiple application areas. The available options and their corresponding base part number is shown in the table below:
|Base P/N||Material||Memory/Application Areas|
|2000||PVC||2K bit (256 Byte)|
|2001||PVC||16K bit (2K Bytes) with 2 application areas|
|2002||PVC||16K bit (2K Bytes) with 16 application areas|
|2003||PVC||32K bit (4K Bytes) 16K/2 + 16K/1|
|2004||PVC||32K bit (4K Bytes) 16K/16 + 16K/1|
|2100||Composite PVC/PET||2K bit (256 Byte)|
|2101||Composite PVC/PET||16K bit (2K Bytes) with 2 application areas|
|2102||Composite PVC/PET||16K bit (2K Bytes) with 16 application areas|
|2103||Composite PVC/PET||32K bit (4K Bytes) 16K/2 + 16K/1|
|2104||Composite PVC/PET||32K bit (4K Bytes) 16K/16 + 16K/1|
• 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card technology provides high-speed, reliable communications with high data integrity.
• iCLASS technology ensures high security with mutual authentication between card and reader, encrypted data transfer, 64-bit diversified keys for read/write capability.
• Meets ISO standards for thickness for use with direct image and thermal transfer printers.
• Offers the ability to add a magnetic stripe, barcode, anti-counterfeiting features, custom artwork, or photo ID.
• Available in 2k bit (256 byte), 16k bit (2K Byte) or 32k bit (4K Byte) memory configurations.
• Supports all existing HID card formats, including Corporate 1000.
• Supports field programming of any existing HID format into the secure HID access control application area on the card.
Typical maximum* read range
• R10 2.0-3.0″ (5.0-7.6cm)
• R30/RW300 2.0-3.5″ (5.0-8.9cm)
• R40/RW400 2.5-4.5″ (6.3-11.4cm)
• RK40/RWK400 3.0-4.0″ (7.6-10.1 cm)
* Dependent on local installation conditions.
2.127″ x 3.375″ x 0.033″ max.
(5.40 x 8.57 x 0.084 cm)
* Model 200X: Thin, flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) laminate
* Model 210X: Composite Polyester/PVC.
* 2k bit (256 Byte) card 2 application areas
* 16k bit (2K Byte) card 2 or 16 application areas
* 32k bit (4K Byte) card 2+ 0r 16+ application areas