The affordable and reliable HID 2080 iCLASS Clamshell cards offer 13.56 MHz battery-free contactless technology that provides a minimum of 100K card reads, as well as delivering reliable communication of the utmost integrity. HID 2080 iCLASS cards allows a typical transaction time of 100 milliseconds. The advanced technology offers consistent reads that are unaffected by body shielding, environmental conditions or common metallic objects such as coins and keys. Read ranges may vary slightly depending on the reader and installation conditions.
HID 2080 iCLASS cards are made with an ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) shell and a PVC (polyvinyl chloride) cover label, making them flexible yet extremely durable and resistant to cracks and breaking. The card is small enough to fit into a wallet or purse, and can also be used as a photo ID badge with clip or lanyard if desired.
Industry standard security features for the HID 2080 iCLASS Clamshell cards include encrypted data transfer using 64-bit diversified keys, EEPROM read and write capabilities, and mutual authentication. The card is configured with 2k bit (256 Byte) memory and two-application areas (HID standard access control application area and one user-customizable application area). Such high security features help to prevent card duplication and compromised data. Even higher security is possible, in the form of DES or triple DES encryption.
Pre-existing HID formats can be programmed into the secure HID access control application area at the factory or on-site. These cards meet ISO 15693 contactless communication standards. To ensure satisfaction, a lifetime warranty policy covers manufacturing defects.
• 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card technology with mutual authentication provides high-speed, reliable communications with high data integrity.
• Provides a cost effective way to improve the security of your access control installation.
• Available in 2k bit (256 Byte), two application area configuration only.
• Provides the HID standard access control application area and one other application area for user customization.
• iCLASS technology ensures high security with mutual authentication, encrypted data transfer, and 64-bit diversified keys for read/write capabilities.
• Any existing HID format can be factory or field programmed into the secure HID access control application area.
• Meets ISO 15693 standard for contactless smart card communications.
Typical maximum* read range
• R10 1.5-2.5″ (3.8-6.3 cm)
• R30/RW300 1.5-3.0″ (3.8-7.6 cm)
• R40/RW400 2.5-4.5″ (5.1-10.2 cm)
• RK40/RWK400 3.0-4.0″ (6.3-8.9 cm)
* Dependent upon installation conditions.
2.125″ x 3.375″ x 0.070″ max.
(5.40 x 8.57 x 0.18 cm)
ABS Shell with PVC Cover Label.
* EEPROM, read/write
* Multi-application Memory
* 2k bit (256 Byte) card with 2 application areas