The Magicard Helix badge printer is designed to print high-quality ID cards in volume. Key to this is the use of retransfer print technology that first prints the card image to a thin film which is then heat transferred to the physical card. Two advantages of this technology are the ability to print over-the-edge and less printhead wear since the printhead never touches the card surface.
The Helix card printer is available in a variety of configurations, including single-sided and dual-sided card printing, as well as encoder options like a magnetic stripe encoder and a smart card/contactless encoder. It is compatible with both Windows and MAC operating systems.
This printer comes standard with a 3-year printer warranty and lifetime printhead warranty.
Secure Cards – with HoloKote card technology, you can create a watermark across the card surface for added card security.
Performance – prints up to 125 full color cards per hour. High capacity consumables (1000 cards) mean less ribbon changes.
Multiple Options – single and double-sided printing as well as magnetic stripe and smart card/contactless encoders.
• Sided Printing: Single-Sided (Standard); Dual-Sided (Optional)
• Print Technology: ReTransfer
• Encoders: Optional Magnetic Stripe and Contact/Contactless
• Lamination: Optional
• Resolution: 300 dpi
• Accepted Cards: CR-80; 0.51mm to 1.30mm / 0.020” to 0.050” thickness
• Warranty: 3 Years
• YMCK dye film, 1000 images (P/N HX1000YMCK)
• YMCKK dye film, 750 images (P/N HX750YMCKK)
• Retransfer film, 1000 images (P/N HX1000RT)
• YMCKS Secure HoloKote® dye film, 750 images (P/N HX750YMCKS)
• Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10 (32 and 64bit) Windows server 2003 R2 SP2, 2008, 2012,
2016. GNU/Linux and Mac OS X 10.9.0 upwards.
• 330mm L x 455mm W x 420mm H (13 inches L x 17.9 inches W x 16.5 inches H).