The AirLink Raven RV50 and RV50X from Sierra Wireless are the lowest power LTE gateways in the industry today. Just as importantly, it is simple to install and easy to manage making it an ideal industrial gateway for connecting critical assets and infrastructure. The RV50 is ideal for industrial-grade applications in energy, utilities and smart-city infrastructure, as well as for real-time remote connectivity for SCADA, distribution management systems and metering.
For those organizations who have not upgraded to the latest 3G and 4G cellular gateways because of power considerations, the Raven RV50 is the answer. Its power consumption is similar to those of 2G devices, making it ideal for use in environments where power is scarce. Similarly, with its rugged design, it can be used in tough environment environments where shock, vibration, temperature and humidity can create challenges, as well as in harsh electrical environments where steady power is not always available.
The RV50 gateway is designed to be installed directly into existing infrastructures which is why it offers both serial and Ethernet connectivity. This enables it to be used to connect devices like PLCs and RTUs with ease and integrated into existing management systems via SNMP.
For a Detailed AirLink Routers & Gateways Comparison Chart click here.
• LTE performance at 2G power consumption – uses less than 1 watt
• State-of-the-art LTE coverage spanning 11 LTE frequency bands
• Fully automatic network operator switching: just insert the SIM
• Most rugged AirLink® industrial gateway ever built (Class 1 Div 2, MIL-STD-810G, IP64 ingress protection)
• Remote configuration, software update, and monitoring with AirLink Management System (ALMS)
Carrier Approvals (pending) Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA, Rogers, Bell, TELUS
Supported Frequency Bands: LTE: 1900(B2), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 700(B13), 700(B17), 1900(B25); WCDMA: 2100(B1), 1900(B2), AWS(B4), 850(B5), 900(B8); EV-DO/CDMA: 800(BC0), 1900(BC1), 1700(BC10); GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Quad-band
Industry Approvals: FCC, IC, PTCRB
• Software defined radio with automatic network operator switching
• Dual SIM Interfaces
• 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ45)
• RS-232 serial port (DB-9)
• USB 2.0 Micro-B Connector
• 3 SMA antenna connectors (primary, diversity, GPS)
• Active GPS antenna support
• Input Voltage: 7 to 36 VDC
• LTE Idle Power: 900 mW (75 mA @ 12 VDC)
• Standby Mode Power: 53 mW (4.4 mA @ 12 VDC) triggered on low voltage, I/O or periodic timer
• Low voltage disconnect to prevent battery drain
• Built-in protection against voltage transients including 5 VDC engine cranking and +200 VDC load dump
• Ignition Sense with time delay shutdown
• Configurable features and ports to optimize power consumption
• Operating Temperature: -30°C to +70°C / -22°F to +158°F
• Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C / -40°F to +185°F
• Humidity: 90% RH @ 60°C
• Military Spec MIL-STD-810G conformance to shock, vibration, thermal shock, and humidity
• IP64 rated ingress protection