The Zebra ZC300 card printer is a mid-range printer in Zebra’s new ZC family of card printers (introduced in April 2018). It can print at an impressive 200 cph color and 900 cph monochrome single-sided (140 cph color and 450 cph monochrome dual-sided).
The ZC300 uses dye-sublimation thermal transfer direct-to-card print technology and is capable of edge-to-edge printing on standard CR-80 cards. One of the features of the ZC300 is its ability to handle card thicknesses of varying sizes (10-40 mil) on the fly thus eliminating the need to adjust the printer for different card stock.
Basic hardware features of the ZC300 include standard USB and Ethernet interfaces along with optional Wi-Fi; matching 100 card input hopper (30 mil) and 100 card output hopper (30 mil), graphical color LCD display and Kensington secure lock slot. The ZC300 also has an optional field-upgradeable three-track magnetic stripe encoder and third party contactless encoder integration kit.
Print drivers for the ZC300 including Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux Ubuntu and Apple iOS 10.1 and is compatible with Zebra’s CardStudio and Link-OS software.
The ZC300 card printer comes standard with a two-year unlimited warranty on printer and printhead.
• Single and Dual sided Printing
• 900 cph monochrome single sided
• 200 cph full-color YMCKO single-sided
• Magnetic Stripe Encoder (optional)
• Interfaces: USB and Ethernet (standard); Wi-Fi (Optional)
• Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux Ubuntu and Apple iOS 10.2 Driers
• 100 card input hopper/100 card output hopper (30 mil)
• Kensington physical lock slot
• Two-year printer and unlimited printhead warranty
ZC300 Card Printer Specifications
• 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) print resolution
• 2 GB flash memory
• Image size: 1006 x 640 pixels
• Auto calibration of ribbon
• USB 2.0 and Ethernet connectivity
• 100 card capacity auto-adjusting input hopper (30 mil)
• 100 card capacity output hopper (30 mil)
• Manual card feeding capability with LED bezel
• Graphical Color LCD
• 3 Tricolor printer status indicator lights
• Kensington® secure lock slot
• Print Touch NFC tag and Quick Help QR code for online printer help and documentation access
• Printer host authentication and data encryption
• Two-year unlimited warranty on printer and printhead
• Dye-sublimation thermal transfer direct to card print method
• Full-color or monochrome printing
• Single and dual-sided printing
• Edge-to-edge printing on standard CR-80 media
• Printing throughput (cards per hour) based on batch printing with USB connectivity. Times may vary depending on the computer configuration.
• Single-Sided: YMCKO: 200 cph; Monochrome: 900 cph
• Dual-Sided: YMCKOK: 140 cph; Monochrome: 450 cph
• Dimensions: 10.2 in. H x 6.2 in. W x 15.1 in. D
• Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0 kg)
Communications and Interfaces:
• USB 2.0 (Standard)
• Built-in 10/100 Ethernet (Standard)
• 802.11ac with Mfi (Optional)
Encoding Options and Specifications:
• Magnetic stripe encoder — ISO 7811 (new and pre-encoded; tracks 1, 2, and 3; high and low coercivity; stripe down; 30 mil cards only)
• Third party contactless encoder integration kit