The Zebra ZQ520 mobile printer introduced in March 2015 represents the latest rugged mobile printer from Zebra. It is designed for mobile workers outside the four walls and can print both receipts and labels. The ZQ520 is intended to be a replacement for their popular RW420 printer as it provides the same 4″ direct thermal printing capability in a rugged form factor. A 3″ model of this printer, known as the ZQ510, is also available.
The ZQ520 is designed rugged and features a 6.6 foot Drop Specification (which can be extended to 10 feet with an optional case), MIL-STD 810g drop-and vibration qualification, and a IP54 seal rating for rough environmental conditions like rain and snow.
One of the printer’s main enhancements is its MFi (Made for iPad/iPhone/iPad) Certification which means that this printer is compatible with Apple iOS, Google Android and Microsoft Windows Mobile operating systems – pretty much any handheld computer or tablet on the market today!
The following table summarizes the key features of the ZQ520 and ZQ510 printers:
|ZQ510||2.83″ (72mm)||Direct||Receipt / Label||6.6 foot||IP54|
|ZQ520||4.09″ (72mm)||Direct||Receipt / Label||6.6 foot||IP54|
One of the neatest enhancements we like is the optional dual-sided tear bar. This helps ensure your customers always get clean-cut, professional-looking receipts – you no longer have to worry whether your user is left-handed or right-handed and going to tear the receipt in the wrong direction! Other ZQ520 productivity enhancements include a “draft-mode” capability that optimizes text-only printing as well as built-in technologies to improve battery life by anticipating the
users print needs.
• Prints receipts and labels
• 4″ Print Width, 203 dpi
• Works with all major operating systems: Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows
• MFi Certified (Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad)
• 6.6 foot drop rating (upgradeable 10 foot with optional case)
• IP 54 Seal Rating
• MIL-STD 810g drop and vibration qualified
• Manufacturing: Product Identification Labels, Packaging Labels, Receiving/Put-away Labels, Work-In-Process Labels
• Transportation and Logistics: Order Picking/Packing, Shipping/Receiving, Cross-docking, Compliance Labeling
• Retail: Shipping and Returns
• Government: Asset Tracking, Compliance Labeling, Inventory Labeling