The Zebra ZT400 Series of thermal printers represent Zebra’s mid-range industrial thermal printer offerings. There are currently two printers in the ZT400 Printer Series: the ZT410 printer and the ZT420 printer. Both printers feature an all-metal frame and bi-fold door, standard USB, serial, Ethernet and Bluetooth interfaces, optional
RFID encoder and thermal transfer printing.
The key differences between the ZT410 and ZT420 are max print width and print resolution. More specifically, the ZT410 is a 4″ wide printer whereas the ZT420 is a 6″
wide printer. Both printers are available with either 203 or 300 dpi print resolution, but the ZT410 also offers a 600 dpi option.
The main features of the ZT410 and ZT420 are shown below:
|Max Print Width||4″||6″|
|Max Ribbon Length||450 m||450 m|
|Max Print Speed||14 ips||12 ips|
|Print Resolutions||203, 300, 600 dpi||203 and 300 dpi|
Fast Installation and Integration
• Ideal replacement printer for previous generation ZM400 and ZM600 models
• Multiple connectivity options: serial, parallel, USB and 10/100 Ethernet
• Optional UHF RFID Reader/Encoder
• Icon-based status LEDs provide immediate and easily visible printer status
Effortless to Integrate
• USB host port enables simple printer configuration by easily transferring data from a USB flash drive via mirroring and expanded mapped-drive memory capabilities.
• Virtual Devices apps enable Link-OS printers to support well-known legacy and competitor printer languages—in addition to ZPL® and EPL™—for a future-proofed investment
Easy to Operate
• Dynamic QR codes provide on-demand, web-based support to resolve printer errors quickly.
• Print Touch-enabled Link-OS printers offer web page launching features using Near Field Communication (NFC), making it easy to access Zebra’s extensive knowledge base of how-to videos and product support.
• Lighted media and ribbon paths make it easy to see inside the printer, even in poorly lit environments.
• Easy, tool-less platen and printhead removal enable simple cleaning and replacement
• Simple interchangeable connectivity options enable rapid printer changes and upgrade
• Only three common tools needed for basic service
• Print methods: direct-thermal and thermal-transfer
• Construction: metal frame and bi-fold media door with large clear window
• Side-loading supplies path for simplified media and ribbon loading
• Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
• Interfaces: USB 2.0, RS-232 serial ports, 10/100 Ethernet and Bluetooth 2.1
• Link OS
• Bi-color LEDs for quick printer status
• Back-lit, multi-line graphical LCD display
• Energy Star-compliant
203 dpi/8 dots per mm (standard)
300 dpi/12 dots per mm (optional)
600 dpi/24 dots per mm (optional – ZT410 only)
Memory: Standard: 256MB RAM (4MB user-available) / 512MB Flash
4.09”/104 mm (ZT410)
6.60”/168 mm (ZT420)
14″ (355 mm) per second (ZT410)
12″ (305 mm) per second (ZT420)
Media sensors: Transmissive and reflective sensors
Maximum media roll size: 8.0”/203 mm O.D on a 3.0”/76 mm I.D. core
Media thickness: 0.0023”/0.076 mm to 0.010”/0.25 mm
Media types: Continuous, die-cut, notch, black mark
Operating Temperature: 5° C to 40° C (40° F to 105° F) (Thermal Transfer) 0° C to 40° C (32° F to 105° F) (Direct Thermal)
Storage/Transport Environment: -40° C to 60° C (-40° F to 140° F)
• Universal auto-ranging (PFC-compliant) power supply 100-240 VAC; 47-63 Hz
• Energy Star-compliant