We consider the Motorola MC9190-G mobile computer to be the gold standard on which all other industrial handhelds are measured against (the MC9090 was the industry’s single best-selling rugged mobile computer). The MC9190-G builds on Motorola’s previous generation of mobile computers known as the MC9000 series which included the MC9060 and MC9090 models.
The MC9190 incorporates a variety of new features including a more rugged touchscreen, improved battery management and improved scanner options.
You should consider using the MC9190 if you require heavy-duty use such as that found in industrial warehouses, loading docks or other harsh environments. The MC9190 features a 6-ft Drop Specification and IP64 sealing making it one of the most rugged devices available.
Helping to protect your previous investments in Motorola mobile computer accessories, the MC9190-G is compatible with a wide range of MC9000 accessories including cradles, cables, headsets and holsters.
The Motorola MC9190-G may also be referred to as the Symbol MC9190-G as Motorola acquired Symbol in 2006; it may also be referred to as the Zebra MC9190-G as Zebra then acquired the enterprise mobility business from Motorola in 2014.
Multiple Scan Engine Options:
• 1D Laser Scanner (SE960)
• 1D Extended Range Laser Scanner (SE1524-ER)
• 2D SR Imager (SE4500-SR) for low/medium density barcodes
• 2D Imager (4600) for near/far scannning allows you to read barcodes as near as 8 inches and as far aw 30 feet!
User-replaceable keypads: 6 interchangeable keypads allow you to change to the keypads you need in minutes, on-site.
Comprehensive Service: The optional Service From The Start with Comprehensive Coverage service plans cover both normal wear-and-tear as well as accidental damage for 3 or 5 years.
Physical and Environmental Characteristics
Dimensions: 9.1 in. x 3.6 in. x 7.6 in. (23.1 cm x 9.1 cm x 19.3 cm)
Weight: 27 oz./765 g (includes battery)
Keyboard: 28-, 43- and 53-key; Terminal Emulation (5250, 3270, VT)
Display: 3.7 in VGA color touchscreen
Power: Removable, rechargeable 7.2 volt Lithium Ion 2200 mAh battery pack, 15.8 watt hours
CPU: Marvell PXA320 processor at 806 MHz
Operating System: Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 or Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Classic
Memory (RAM/ROM): 256MB/1GB
Expansion: SD/MMC Card
App Development: PSDK and EMDK available through Motorola Support Central Web site
Data Capture Options:
• SE960: 1D standard range scan engine
• SE1524-ER: 1D extended range scan engine reads up to 45 ft./13.72 m away
• SE4500: Omnidirectional 1D/2D imaging engine reads 1D and 2D symbols
• SE4600: Extended range omnidirectional 1D/2D imaging engine reads 1D and 2D symbols as close as 8 in./20.32 cm and as far as 30 ft./9.14 m
• SE4500-DL: 1D/2D DL imaging engine reads all 1D and 2D codes as well as the PDF codes found on driver’s licenses and other identification documents
• SE4500-HD: 1D/2D DPM imaging engine reads a wide variety of DPM marks on metal, plastic and glass surfaces, including: dot peening, laser etching, molding, stamping or casting
Operating Temp.: -20° to 50° C (-4° to 122° F)
Charging Temp.: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
Storage Temp.: -40° C to 70° C (-40° F to 158° F)
Humidity: 5% to 95% non condensing (Condensation Resistant Configurations Available)
Drop Spec: Multiple drops to concrete: 6 ft./1.8 m across the operating temperature range; meets and exceeds MIL-STD 810G
Tumble Spec: 2,000 3.28 ft./1 m tumbles at room temperature (4,000 hits) per IEC Tumble Specification
Sealing: IP64 (electronic enclosure, display and keypad) per IEC Sealing Specification